Now you can submitt ration card application by online for more details click here
Government of Karnataka
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
For kind attention of ration Card holders in urban areas and all domestic LPG beneficiaries of the state.
1. Upon realisation that the number of BPL and APL ration Cards for exceeded the number of families in the state and yet large number of families went without ration cards, an exercise was initiated to identify such ineligible cards (a) in urban areas, by linking the ration cards and the domestic LPG consumer numbers to the electricity meter RR numbers of the houses in which the beneficiaries resided (EM-RR number) and (b) in rural areas, by linking ration cards to property tax numbers of the houses in the Grama Panchayath database (Panchathantra). In furtherance of that , the ration Card holders of urban areas and the domestic LPG consumers all over the state were asked to furnish EM-RR numbers, along with the ration Card numbers, and the LPG consumer numbers. In response to that, most of ration Card holders of urban areas and LPG consumers have furnished the EM-RR numbers. The particulars so furnished have been matched with the original data of ration cards, the consumer data furnished by the oil companies and the electricity supply companies (ESCOMs) and a state level database has been set up by the National Informatics Centre.
2. On the basis of the above said exercise, the ration cards and domestic LPG connections have been classified into three categories a) lawful, b)requiring further investigation, and c) unlawful. As an initial step, cases wherein a single ration Card or LPG connection is linked to a domestic electricity meter RR number are considered as lawful. Lawfulness of cases wherein more than one ration Card or LPG connection is linked to an EM-RR number or claim is made that the house does not have electricity supply from an ESCOM will be decided after local inspection. Cases wherein no information is furnished or non-domestic electricity meter numbers are furnished are considered to be unlawful, until better proof of residence is produced.
3. Cases wherein (a) EM-RR numbers have not been furnished, with the exception as stated above, (b) non-domestic electricity meter numbers are furnished, (c) more than one ration Card or LPG consumer numbers are linked to one EM-RR number and the beneficiaries are the same, and (d) the address in the ration Card or LPG connection and the address in the electricity meter RR number are in two different places; are considered to have violated either Clause 3 of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Regulation of Supply and Distribution) Order 2000 or Clause 3 of Karnataka (Prevention of Unauthorized Possession of Ration Cards) Order 1977 or both, as the case may be. Necessary steps to suspend service to those beneficiaries have been taken. Option to carry out ratification of wrongs or mistakes, if any, in the database by the beneficiary, online, is provided. Service will be restored if found lawful upon ratification.
4. Particulars of the ration Cards and the LPG connections, service in respect of which has been ordered to be suspended, have been communicated to the respective fair price shops. LPG distributors and oil companies. The persons authorized to run the FPS and the LPG distribution agencies have been asked not to supply food grains, sugar, kerosene and LPG cylinders to such suspended beneficiaries. The beneficiaries are requested to find out about the status of their benefit by visiting the department website http://ahara.kar.nic.in and then clicking the link "Click here to verify your LPG and Ration Card status and to update RR number etc..", if required.
5. Best possible efforts have been made to enter the data furnished correctly and match them to the master databases. Even then, mis-match because of wrong or incomplete data furnished or error in data entry or missing data in the master databases etc., can not be ruled out. In such cases also the benefit would have been suspended. The hardship that might have been caused to such beneficiaries is regretted. Any beneficiary who had furnished the information sought and whose ration Card or LPG connection has been wrongly cancelled may avail it again in the following manner.
(a) In case of BPL card holders, the beneficiaries may approach the person authorized to run the FPS and hand over photo copies of the ration Card, LPG delivery bill and electricity bill and ask for an acknowledgment or may upload data as explained in (b) below.
(b) In case of APL card holders and LPG consumers who are not BPL card holders, the beneficiaries may log on to the department website http://ahara.kar.nic.in, click the link " Click here to verify your LPG and Ration Card status and to update RR number etc.", to rectify the mistake, if any and upload the documents mentioned in (a) above by following the instructions therein. Once, the particulars sought are furnished, the computer will automatically respond to the request by generating an acknowledgment. This facility will be available for the next 15 days. If a beneficiary finds uploading data through the website inconvenient, then he/she may approach the nearest office of a deputy director of the department for assistance. Their addresses may be had from the website.
6. In rural areas, a separate exercise to identify ineligible ration Cards using property tax data base of gram Panchayaths is in progress. Soon after consolidation of the state level database of urban and rural beneficiaries, submission of online application for new ration Cards, transfer from one place to another, correction of data etc., will be facilitated.
Grievance if any may be mailed to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR LPG AND RATION CARD STATUS AND UPDATE RR NUMBER ETC. AT KARNATAKA (BANGALORE)
YOU GET 15 MORE DAYS TO SUBMIT LPG DOCUMENTS
HOW DO I GET NEW RATION CARD IN BANGALORE
HOW DO I GET RATION CARD
HOW DO I GET A NEW LPG GAS CONNECTION